Monday, September 8, 2008

Tangent - She meets God on the subway.




He is wearing a very nice suit.


She leaned in and said very carefully, "I'm really sorry I'm not getting this right."


He looked down at her and for a moment, she thought he looked like her father. But not quite.

"If you were supposed to get it this early, I'd have shown you. You have to straighten up, deal. You know how."


She looked at her shoes and then in a moment of courage said what she needed to. "You see, I am so tired of doing the right thing. Everyone else seems to be having a lot more fun mucking up the world around here and for once, I want to go to the party."


He laughed, strong and hearty guffaws that startled her.


"Girl, if you were doing the right thing all the time, we wouldn't be here."


No comments: