Thursday, September 4, 2008

Still Birth

You would have been born

Six months after we broke

Down. You would have slid

Into this unhappy spiral


Innocently smiling.


I would have loved you anyway

Though you may not have known

Much. Love at that moment


Was insurmountable

Like glass sliding through pavement

Or men of war.


No one ever wins when life

Shatters and spins out

Into the atmosphere.


But that doesn’t mean,

I mean, it doesn’t hurt


To keep something warm

Deeply buried somewhere

Inside. I would have carried

You. For as long as you had let me.


Perhaps I dreamed

You? I cannot feel anything like that

Anymore.


It is no one’s fault.

Perhaps my life has been wasted

Never knowing, never feeling

What everyone tells me

Means everything in this tiny universe.

No comments: