Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spring Memory #1

In real life, it takes less than five minutes to send an email. It seems everyone has access to the big red button on the executive desk. It makes it easier, much easier, to lower the boom.

I really don't have anything to say. Honestly, I think it is best for us to maintain a professional relationship at work and leave it at that. Basically, I'm not convinced your original email was not at least sub-consciously malicious, if not as a result of my party, then something else. I really don't think there is anything that can be done about that. That had a significant negative effect on me at work, and I have yet to receive at least an apology for the effect, even if nothing negative was intended. On a strictly professional level, that's fine, but as a friend, it's hurtful, particularly after everything we have gone through together. I do wish you all the best and am very sad at how things have turned out between us personally. The past few weeks have been very difficult for me. I will of course always continue to be cordial, I just can't bear any more personal relationships that lack trust. And whether or not it's warranted from your perspective, at this point my trust is gone.

The era to break up over coffee or dinner is over, my friend. The John Dear letter died officially when phones went from bags to pockets. (Some believe it died in the 80s, but this is not true.)

Human emotion is now digital. It is high speed.

I think it's true, what they say. The robots are winning.

And I don't know what to do about that.

Insert emoticon.


No comments: